NDIS/PATHWORK.TXT Driver File Contents (3com_595.zip)
Driver Package File Name: 3com_595.zip
3Com NDIS 2.01 driver installation notes for DEC Pathworks
To install DEC Pathworks version 4.1 on a DOS NDIS workstation, DOS must be
installed on the target workstation C: drive, or you must have a bootable
DOS floppy. Follow these steps:
1. Insert the Pathworks DOS Client Setup diskette version 4.1 in your
2. Change to that drive and execute the NETSETUP.EXE program.
3. Press [Ctrl]+[F10] twice to change to advanced-operator mode.
4. Follow the screens to select a Transport Protocol.
5. Insert the appropriate diskettes for the selection you made in step 4.
6. Select your network adapter by typing ETHERNET or TOKEN-RING.
7. Select the option (OTHER NDIS) adapters.
8. When prompted for the DRIVE:\PATH\FILENAME for the NDIS driver, type:
9. When prompted for the full DRIVE:\PATH of the PROTOCOL.INI fragment,
10. Follow the rest of the installation screens and the procedure for
writing the KEY DISK.
The NETSETUP program will build the PROTOCOL.INI file for you and modify
your startup files to use the adapter you have selected.
NOTE: If you are using a 16-bit adapter in DOS Pathworks, you must add
the /N parameter to the line in the STARTNET.BAT file that starts
the network scheduler. The line usually looks like:
%VER PATHWORK.TXT - NDIS 2.01 DEC Pathworks installation notes V 3.4b