UPDATE.TXT Driver File Contents (MB012TID.ZIP)
Driver Package File Name: MB012TID.ZIP
U P D A T E N O T I C E
Bus Master EIDE/ATAPI Device Driver
for Intel PIIX Bus Master IDE Controller
(October 10, 1997)
1. Some ATAPI CD-ROM drives need different workarounds. These workarounds
were added into the drivers. Now more ATAPI CD-ROM models are supported.
The following CD-ROM drives were fully tested:
PHILIPS LMS CM207
2. New workaround about WD Caviar hard disk drives recommended by Western
Digital was used.
3. In Windows 95 system, when entering the DOS mode, the original PIIX
configuration and drive configuration will be restored. There will be
no more error message or garbage characters when exiting into the
4. The driver for Windows 95 now allows a maximum 64K data transfer size
for one command. The performance is much better than before.
5. For the previous versions, if a Windows 95 system was installed
without the DOS or Windows 3.1 pre-installed, for the following
0x1F0: a DMA supported disk drive
0x170: a PIO only CD-ROM drive
accesssing the CD-ROM sometimes would result in an "Exception 0E ..."
This issue now is fixed.
6. The bus master IDE is a new technology. With so many IDE/ATAPI devices
already in the market, there are a lot of compatability issues. Our bus
master IDE/ATAPI device drivers are the first ones in the market. We
have been keeping in touch with the IDE hard disk and ATAPI CD-ROM device
manfacturers. Since the last release (version 3.0), we have gotten some
new feedbacks from them. We adjusted the default mode settings for some
hard disks into the drivers.
7. The following new CD-ROM models were tested:
8. We provided a new method to change back to the Windows 95 default
driver, please refer to the readme file.
9. When forcing to use PIO mode 0, the DOS driver sometimes reportes a
wrong PIO mode. This problem was fixed in this release.
10. Added DMA data transfer supporting on NEC CDR 280.
11. Changed display message from "Triton" to "82430FX".
12. Added the supporting of PIIX3 (82430HX).
13. Fixed the bug with Video CD in the Windows 95 driver.
14. Rewrote the DOS ATAPI CD-ROM driver.
15. Fixed the errors about de-installation of the Bus Master Windows 95
driver in the readme file.
16. Added the Setup program of the Bus Master Windows 95 Driver with which
the user can install or de-install the driver.
17. Fixed the issue with the ATAPI CD-ROM bus masterring operation on the
secondary IDE channel of the PIIX3 (82430HX) motherboard.
18. Fixed the bug with the ATAPI bus materring operation when using the
Interrupt CMD DRQ type.
19. Added support to SCO UNIX 5.0
20. Changed 82430FX/HX into PIIX/PIIX3
21. Added support to DVD-ROM devices
22. Added support for PIIX 4 to DOS/Windows 3.x, Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0
(version 3.60 BETA)
23. Added support for PIIX 4 to DOS/Windows 3.x, Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0.
PIIX 4 supports Ultra DMA.
24. Added support for PIIX4 (supporting Ultra DMA/33) to all OS's.
The drivers for the old versions of OS's have not been updated, these
SCO UNIX 3.2.x / SCO Open Desktop 3.x
OS/2 2.0 & WARP 3.X
25. Changes made to Windows 95 driver (version 3.60e / 6,02,1997):
Fixed some new CD-ROM issues under OSR2;
Fixed a bug for CD Xpress;
Fixed the yellow mark issue when no device on secondary channel;
Added support to LS-120;
Removed support to DVD
26. Updated the Windows 95 driver to fix a driver bug on some new
models of Maxtor disk drives.
27. Reenabled the support to DVD-ROM in the Windows 95 driver.
28. Put a NOTE in the readme file under the root directory to indicate
not to run the (DOS) setup program under the root directory to setup
the driver for Windows 95.
29. Updated the SCO UNIX 5.0 driver to fix a bug regarding the driver setup.
30. Put a NOTE in the readme file under the root directory to indicate
not to install the DOS/Windows drivers if the user want to boot the
system from a hard drive other than the hard drive C:.
(still version 3.60K)
31. Updated the DOS/Windows Setup program and moved it from the root
directory to the DOSWIN directory.