License.txt Driver File Contents (MP780MPD600a15Gb-01WIN2KXP_ENZ.exe)
Driver Package File Name: MP780MPD600a15Gb-01WIN2KXP_ENZ.exe
CANON CUSTOMER SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
CAREFULLY READ ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT BEFORE OPENING SOFTWARE PACKAGE. OPENING THE PACKAGE INDICATES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, return the unopened package to the place of purchase and your money will be refunded. No refunds will be given for opened software packages.
The license set forth below is given by Canon U.S.A., Inc. ("CUSA") and Canon Canada, Inc. ("Canon Canada") with respect to the software packages opened and used in the United States and Canada, respectively. The package contains a Canon software program on a CD-ROM in machine readable form and a user manual (collectively, the "Software"). YOU MAY NOT ASSIGN, SUBLICENSE, RENT, LEASE, CONVEY, OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER, TRANSLATE, CONVERT TO ANOTHER PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE, DECOMPILE OR DISASSEMBLE SUCH PROGRAM. YOU MAY COPY THE PROGRAM ONLY FOR BACKUP PURPOSES AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED BELOW.
1. License: You have the limited non-exclusive right to use the enclosed program on a single computer or computer network in the United States or Canada. You may physically transfer the program from one computer system to another provided that the program is used on only one computer or computer network at a time. You may not provide copies of the program or manual to others.
2. Copies and Modifications: The program and manual are copyrighted. You may make one copy of the program solely for back-up purposes. You must reproduce and include the copyright notice on the back-up copy. You may not copy the program except for the back-up copy. You may not modify the program or the manual.
3. Confidentiality: The program and manual are protected by copyright, trade secret, and trademark law. By accepting this license you acknowledge that the program and manual are proprietary in nature, and that the program and manual contain valuable confidential information developed or acquired at great expense, including data processing algorithms, innovations, and concepts. You will not disclose to others or utilize such trade secrets or proprietary information except as provided herein. This obligation shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
4. Term: This license is effective from the day you open the package until terminated. You may terminate this license by destroying the program and manual together with any copy thereof. If you fail to comply with any term of this Agreement, CUSA or Canon Canada may terminate this license upon notice to you and you must then promptly return the program and manual. In addition, CUSA or Canon Canada may enforce their other legal rights.
5. Limited Warranty and Liability: It is your responsibility to choose, maintain and match the hardware and software components of your microcomputer system. Thus, we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service or correction of errors and the program is licensed on an "AS IS" basis.
The CD-ROM on which the program is recorded are warranted against defective material or workmanship under normal use as follows: for a period of ninety (90) days after purchase from an authorized Canon dealer, defective CD-ROM returned to CUSA or Canon Canada with proof of receipt and proven to be defective upon inspection shall be replaced without charge. Replacement CD-ROM will be warranted for the remainder of the original ninety (90) day warranty period of the defective CD-ROM. The limited warranty does not apply if the failure of the CD-ROM resulted from accident, abuse or misapplication of the program.
NO IMPLIED WARRANTY (OR CONDITION)* AS TO THE QUALITY OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY (OR CONDITION)* OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IS GIVEN FOR THE SOFTWARE, AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED (EXCEPT FOR IMPLIED WARRANTIES ON THE CD-ROM WHICH ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE NINETY (90) DAY PERIOD DESCRIBED ABOVE). NO OTHER WARRANTY OR GUARANTY GIVEN BY ANY PERSON, FIRM, OR CORPORATION WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE OR DELIVERY OF THE SOFTWARE SHALL BIND CUSA, CANON CANADA OR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR DELIVERY OF THE SOFTWARE (SOME STATES OR PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU).
NEITHER CUSA, CANON CANADA NOR ANY OTHER PERSON, FIRM, OR CORPORATION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, EXPENSE OR INCONVENIENCE, OR FOR ANY OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, WHETHER ON ACCOUNT OF NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, OR BY FAILURE TO CONFORM TO ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS* (SOME STATES OR PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU). THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT EXTEND TO ANYONE OTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL USER OF THE SOFTWARE.
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state or province to province.
6. Support: CUSA and Canon Canada are not responsible for maintaining or helping you to use the program. Because the program is provided AS IS, no updates, fixes or support will be made available for the program.
7. Acknowledgement: BY OPENING THE SEALED PACKET, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND IT, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES AND SUPERSEDES ALL PROPOSALS OR PRIOR AGREEMENTS, VERBAL OR WREITEN, AND ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN THE PARTIES RELATING TO THE SUBTECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT. NO AMENDMENT TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE EFFECTIVE UNLESS SIGNED BY AN OFFICER OF CUSA OR CANON CANADA.
*Applies to Software used in Canada