readme.txt Driver File Contents (lan.zip)
Driver Package File Name: lan.zip
R E A D M E T E X T
Windows Driver (InstallShield) Installer
for Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003
Copyright (c) 2001, 2002, 2003 Broadcom Corporation
All rights reserved.
This installer will install Broadcom drivers onto Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 systems.
Note: If the "Found New Hardware" wizard appears during install, press cancel. This installer will continue until the driver has been installed.
1. Click on Start -> Run
2. Browse to the \drvinst folder on CD
3. Select setup.exe and click OK.
Command Line/silent install Procedure:
1. Copy the \drvinst folder to your hard disk.
2. Type setup /s from within the \drvinst folder on your hard disk. The log file "setup.log" will be written to the folder where the install was run, in this case \drvinst. "ResultCode=0" means the install was successful.
1. From the CD's \drvinst folder type setup /s /f2"c:\setup.log"
Note: /f2 will create the log file in an alternate location. if not specifying an alternate location, the log file will attempt to write on the CD which will fail.
Command Line/silent "un-install" Procedure:
From within the drvinst folder type the following line commands (OS dependent) . . .
silentun w2k (to uninstall the Windows 2000 driver and installer)
silentun xp (to uninstall the Windows XP driver and installer)