Lan/nt.txt Driver File Contents (VT8233_LAN_driver_Ver2.4.zip)
Driver Package File Name: VT8233_LAN_driver_Ver2.4.zip
** VIA PCI 10/100Mb Fast Ethernet Adapter
** NDIS Driver for Windows NT 3.51/4.0
** v2.64 May. 2001
This document shows you how to setup the driver in Windows NT operating system.
Contents of the Subdirectory:
FETND4.SYS The NDIS4 driver for Windows NT.
FETND3.SYS The NDIS3 driver for Windows NT.
FETNDH.HLP The help file.
NTUTIL.DLL The user configuration library.
PCIENUM.SYS The system configuration utility.
OEMSETUP.INF The setup information file.
WINNT.TXT This file.
Before starting with the installation process, make sure that the adapter
is properly installed and configured.
1. Open "Control Panel" -> "Networks", and choose the "Add Adapter" button.
The Add Noetwork Adapter dialog box appears. Select "<other> Requires
disk from manufacturer" in the list of Network Adapters, and then press
2. Insert the driver diskette into your floppy drive, and specify the
path of the driver in the diskette(i.e. A:\) if necessary.
3. Select "VIA PCI 10/100Mb Fast Ethernet Adapter", and start to copy the
driver files to your system.
4. After all the driver files have been copied to your system, a property
dialog box appears in the screen. You can enable the special properties
if you want to.
5. When the driver installation is completed, restart your PC.