Lan_Intel_188.8.131.52_Win8x64/PRO1000/LINUX/readmefirst.txt Driver File Contents (Lan_Intel_184.108.40.206_W8x64_A.zip)
Driver Package File Name: Lan_Intel_220.127.116.11_W8x64_A.zip
This release includes four Linux* Base Drivers for Intel(R) Gigabit Network
- igb driver supports all 82575, 82576 and 82580-based gigabit network
- igbvf driver supports 82576-based virtual function devices that can only
be activated on kernels that support SR-IOV.
- e1000 driver supports PCI and PCI-X gigabit network connections.
- e1000e driver supports all PCI Express gigabit network connections, except
those that are 82580, 82575 and 82576-based*.
* NOTE: The Intel(R) PRO/1000 P Dual Port Server Adapter is supported by
the e1000 driver, not the e1000e driver due to the 82546 part being used
behind a PCI Express bridge.
If you currently have the e1000 driver installed and need to install e1000e,
perform the following:
- If your version of e1000 is 18.104.22.168 or less, upgrade to e1000 version 8.x,
using the instructions in the README.
- Install the e1000e driver using the instructions in the README.
- Modify /etc/modprobe.conf to point your PCIe devices to use the new e1000e
driver using alias ethX e1000e, or use your distribution's specific method
for configuring network adapters like RedHat's setup/system-config-network
or SuSE's yast2.