823xlan/UNATTEND/W2000/unatdw2k.txt Driver File Contents (823xlan.zip)
Driver Package File Name: 823xlan.zip
** VIA Rhine Family Fast Ethernet Adapter
** Unattended Installation on Windows 2000
This document shows you how to unattended install network adapter driver
under Windows 2000. This is achieved by setting the options in the
Contents of the Subdirectory:
UNATTEND.TXT The sample answering file for Windows 2000.
UNATDW2K.TXT This file.
The following installation procedures shows how to unattended install
Windows 2000 and network adapter driver on multiple computers over a
network. Each computers consists one Network Adapter.
1. Create one shared distribution folder; in our example, the shared
distribution folder is named Z:\UNATDW2K. The shared distribution
folder resides on the server which the destination computers can
2. Copy the \I386 folder from the Windows 2000 Installation CD-ROM to
Z:\UNATDW2K. Maintain the same directory structure as on the CD-ROM.
3. Make folders beneath Z:\UNATDW2K\I386 as follows:
4. From the Configuration and Drivers Diskette provided with the adapter,
copy all the files in \w2000 into Z:\UNATDW2K\i386\$OEM$\$1\Drivers\Net\Fetndis
directory and copy Unattend.txt from the Diskette into the shared
directory Z:\UNATDW2K. Make sure that Unattend.txt has the latest
changes you made for customizing the unattended installation.
5. Make sure that you have a copy of network bootable MS-DOS floppy and
the boot the system which you want to unattended install with this floppy
and connected to the shared network directory (Z:\UNATDW2K).
6. Run the command as,
Z:\UNATDW2K\i386\winnt /u:Z:\UNATDW2K\Unattend.txt /s:Z:\UNATDW2K\i386 /t:C
7. By adopting the above procedure, the setup runs the installation in
unattended mode and also detects the plug and play network adpaters. All
driver files are copied from the shared directory to the target system
directories and continues installation of the OS and network adapters
without user intervention.