read_me.txt Driver File Contents (P15-0118.exe)
Driver Package File Name: P15-0118.exe
Information and Instructions about this download file
File Description: Intel(r) BZ87510A (Wasp) BIOS Update
Operating System: Not Operating System Specific
Driver Part Number: P15-0118
Table of Contents
Reason for Update
Applicable Part Numbers
This is the P15 BIOS update for the Intel BZ87510A (Wasp) motherboard. This update supersedes all previous versions.
To confirm that this is the correct BIOS update for your motherboard, follow these steps:
If the computer is turned off:
1. Turn on the computer. On your keyboard, repeatedly press the F1 key to enter the BIOS Setup Utility.
2. In the BIOS Setup Utility on the Main tab, look for the BIOS version line. The version needs to list BZ87510A.xxx.xxxx.Pxx. (x represents an alphanumeric value that will vary dependent upon the version of BIOS currently loaded) The BIOS prefix BZ87510A is constant and specifically identifies the correct motherboard.
3. If this is correct, this is the correct BIOS update for your motherboard. Press the F10 key to exit the BIOS Setup Utility.
If the computer is turned on and in Windows:
1. From the Start menu, click Shut Down. In the Shut Down Windows dialog box, select Restart, and then click Yes.
2. As soon as the computer restarts, on your keyboard, repeatedly press the F1 key to enter the BIOS Setup Utility.
3. In the BIOS Setup Utility on the Main tab, look for the BIOS version line. The version needs to list BZ87510A.xxx.xxxx.Pxx. (x represents an alphanumeric value that will vary dependent upon the version of BIOS currently loaded) The BIOS prefix BZ87510A is constant and specifically identifies the correct motherboard.
4. If this is correct, this is the correct BIOS update for your motherboard. Press the F10 key to exit the BIOS Setup Utility.
Prepare your computer
Before updating your computer's BIOS, Enter the current BIOS Setup Utility, and then write down each of the current settings in the event that this information is needed again after the upgrade.
Note: The following instructions may vary, depending upon the operating system loaded on the computer.
Performing the update
1. After you have downloaded and double-click the BIOS update file (P15-0118.exe), the files self-extract and copy into the folder C:\Cabs\P15-0118 directory on the hard drive.
2. From the Start menu, click Run.
3. In the Run dialog box, type: C:\Cabs\P15-0118\BZ87510A.15A.0118.P15.EB.EXE. Click OK.
4. In the Intel(r) Express BIOS Update Setup window. In the Welcome dialog box, click Next.
5. In the Software License Agreement dialog box, click Yes.
6. In the Finish and Reboot dialog box, read the information and ensure that there is a check mark for the option Yes I want to complete the BIOS update.
7. Note the WARNING message: FOR THE NEXT 3 MINUTES DO NOT POWER OFF YOUR SYSTEM. Your system will perform an automatic shutdown and reboot process. Powering down before completion of this reboot process may cause your system to require service by the system manufacturer.
8. Click Finish.
9. Please wait for the process to complete the restart sequence.
10. When the computer shuts down, it may appear to take a longer period of time to restart and it may beep 10 times during the restart process. This is considered normal and a part of the BIOS update process.
11. In the Intel(r) Express BIOS Update dialog box, it prompts that the Express BIOS update has completed successfully. Click OK.
12. On the first restart after the BIOS update has completed, it is possible to receive a Checksum error message. This is caused by some BIOS parameters not being set at the default values. Enter the BIOS Setup Utility and reset BIOS options to default values (F9), and then save and exit (F10) the BIOS Setup Utility.
A motherboard must have a BIOS to operate, therefore there is no removal procedure.
When the computer restarts and the hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or DVD drive is not recognized, restart the computer, enter the BIOS Setup Utility and reset to the BIOS defaults (F9), and then save the changes and exit.
Note: After resetting to the default values and restarting, you may need to enter the BIOS Setup Utility again to reset the desire parameters such as the Boot Priority.
When the BIOS is updated or reset to default values (F9) and the computer is configured with a RAID Volume, the RAID Volume may not be recognized during startup and there is a message to Reboot and Select proper Boot Agent or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device. Reboot and enter the BIOS Setup Utility. Under the Advance menu, in the IDE Configuration Options area, reset the Intel(r) Raid Technology to Enabled, and then save changes and exit. Unless the RAID Volume is corrupt, the computer starts to the RAID Volume.
The P13 BIOS does change the Fan Control Management. Those changes only become affective when the computer is shut down completely. The automatic restart option does not reset the Fan Control Management.
If you have difficulties installing the BIOS update, download the file again, and then ensure that all installation instructions in this document are followed.
Reason for Update
Fixed POST code 7ch hang when installing Fedora Core 2.
Applicable Part Numbers
Wasp Motherboard: 2519045, 2520504, 2520577, 2520922, 2520923, 2521131, 2521148