ProSavDDR_139433_XP_Util_logod/INSTALL.TXT Driver File Contents (unichromevga.zip)
Driver Package File Name: unichromevga.zip
How to Update the S3 Graphics Display Driver in Windows XP
To update or change the display driver:
1. Open the Properties for your S3 Graphics Adapter in Device Manager.
To open the Properties dialog:
Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.
Click the Settings tab, click Advanced, and then click the Adapter tab and click Properties.
2. Click the Driver tab, and then click Update driver.
3. After the Hardware Update Wizard starts, click "Install from a list or specific location"
and then click Next.
4. Select the locations you wish to search for the updated driver files.
If the updated S3 Graphics driver that you want to install is located in a folder
on the hard disk, then check "Include this location in the search" and click Browse
to select that folder.
Note: If the updated driver is not located on a CD or floppy disk, then
uncheck the "Search removable media" box to speed the search process.
5. Click Next to begin the search.
6. The Hardware Update wizard will search the selected locations for the updated display driver.
If Windows XP finds a driver that it determines to be the best match for your hardware
and is better than the currently installed driver, the installation will begin.
Note: If you are installing a driver that has not yet passed Windows Logo
testing for compatibility with Windows XP, a warning message will appear.
If you wish to continue with the driver installation, click Continue Anyway.
A System Restore point will be automatically created by Windows XP before
installing any unsigned driver files. (See Windows XP Help for more on System Restore.)
7. Once all the driver files have been copied, click Finish.
You will then be prompted to restart your computer to complete the driver installation.
If you encounter any problems after the updated driver is installed, you may return to the
previously installed "good" driver using the Roll Back Driver option.
1. Open the Properties for your S3 Graphics Adapter in Device Manager. (See Step 1 above.)
2. Click the Driver tab, and then click Roll Back Driver.
3. You will be prompted to confirm that you would like to roll back to the previous driver.
4. Windows XP will then remove the current driver and restore the files and settings
for the previously installed display driver.
5. Once the previous driver is installed, click Close.
You will then be prompted to restart your computer to complete the driver roll back.