RIS_INF/readme.txt Driver File Contents (NIC_DRVR_WIN_R94803.EXE)
Driver Package File Name: NIC_DRVR_WIN_R94803.EXE
Setting up Intel PRO/1000 Drivers for RIS Installation
To set up network drivers for RIS installation, you need to copy files to two locations (from the root of the RIS image, which we will refer to as [IMAGE_ROOT]).
1. Copy all the files from the PRO1000\W2KWS03\Base_Drivers directory to the [IMAGE_ROOT]\$oem$\$1\Drivers\NIC directory.
This directory is specified by a line in the .SIF file that is located in the [IMAGE_ROOT]\I386\Templates directory.
2. Copy all .SYS files from the directory mentioned above to the [IMAGE_ROOT]\i386 directory.
3. Extract the appropriate zipped INF file located in the PRO1000\W2KWS03\RIS_INF directory (E1000NT5.ZIP for Windows* 2000 or E1000325.zip for Windows Server 2003) and copy that INF to the [IMAGE_ROOT]\i386 directory.
Do not copy the INF files in the PRO1000\W2KWS03\Base_Drivers directory to this location.
4. Once these steps are complete, restart the Boot Information Negotiation Layer service (Windows 2000) or the Remote Installation Service (Windows Server 2003).
5. Follow the rest of the Microsoft instructions for adding a new network driver to the RIS installation.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.