readme.txt Driver File Contents (kob693afsxv1.3.exe)
Driver Package File Name: kob693afsxv1.3.exe
Please note that the BIOS Update files here are for Mercury Board only. Please don't use in non-Mercury Brand Products.
Before upgrading the BIOS, please Consult the Mainboard User's Manual for necessary Jumper Settings.
How to install a New BIOS for MERCURY BOARD
Please follow the steps as below:
1. Your computer must be running in a real-mode DOS environment, not the DOS window of Windows NT or Windows 95/98. We recommend that you create a new formatted DOS system floppy diskette for bootup.
2. Download the new BIOS file from our Web site (http://www.kobian.com/), and unzip it. Get the Flash Utility file from the mother board CDROM. Copy these files to the DOS system diskette.
3. Turn off your computer and insert the system diskette in your computer's diskette drive.
4. You might need to run the Setup Utility and change the boot priority items on the Advanced BIOS Features Setup page, to force your computer to boot from the floppy diskette drive first.
5. At the A:\ prompt, after your computer has booted to DOS from the diskette, run the Flash Utility and press <Enter>. Then, follow the Screen instructions to upgrade your BIOS properly.
6. When the installation is complete, remove the floppy diskette from the diskette drive and restart your computer. If your mainboard has a Flash BIOS jumper, reset the jumper to protect the newly installed BIOS from being overwritten.
i) If Flash Utility reported unsuccessful upgrade, don't quit the program. Redo program procedure.
ii) If you're executing the program on floppy diskette, please make sure the diskette is not write protected.
iii) We highly recommend that you should make a backup for old BIOS by using the Flash Utility. Plesae follow the screen instruction of the Flash Utility.
Avoid power-off incidentally in upgrading procedure, or system would fail to reboot!