NT4.0/INSTALL.TXT Driver File Contents (pront131002.zip)
Driver Package File Name: pront131002.zip
Windows NT 4.0 Video Device Driver for S3 chipsets.
****Installing your new S3 Video Driver for Windows NT 4.0.****
1. Start system with Windows NT 4.0 installed.
2. IMPORTANT: When the "Please select the operating system to start..." message
is displayed, select "Windows NT Workstation Version 4.00 [VGA mode]".
3. From "Start", select the "Settings group", then click on the
"Control Panel" icon.
4. In the "Control Panel", double click on the "Display" icon.
5. In the "Settings" screen, click on the "Display Type..." button.
6. From the "Display Type" screen, and in the "Adapter Type" section, click
on the "Change..." button.
7. In the "Change Display" screen, click on the "Have Disk..." button.
8. Insert the new display driver diskette into the A:\ drive, then click on
the "OK" button.
9. From the list of displayed S3 devices, select your S3 device.
10. From "Third-party Drivers", click on the "Yes" button to proceed.
11. If a message appears stating the driver is already installed on the
system, and asks if you want to use the current or new drivers, be sure
to select the "New" button.
12. If prompted for the driver diskette a second time, click on the
13. When the message "The drivers were successfully installed" is displayed,
remove the display driver diskette, then click on the "OK" button.
14. Back at the "Display Type" window, click on the "Close" button.
15. Back at the "Display Properties" window, click on the "Close" button.
16. When you see the "System Settings Change" window, asking if you wish to
restart your computer, click on the "Yes" window to reboot now.
NOTE: If installing Windows NT 4.00 with the S3 device currently installed
in the system:
Proceed through the Windows NT installation as normal. The installation
program will prompt the user to choose a display mode. Choose the
"Cancel" button from the "Display Settings" screen to ignore this step
for now. The installation will now finish. Once Windows NT has started
for the first time, proceed to follow the steps outlined above to install
the driver for your S3 device.