INSTALL.TXT Driver File Contents (s3w2k103016.zip)
Driver Package File Name: s3w2k103016.zip
Driver Installation Procedure for Win2K
1. When booting from VGA mode, the OS will automatically "find new hardware".
2. In the "Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard" page, click "next".
3. In the "Install Hardware Device Drivers" page, check" Search for
a suitable driver..." which is the default setting, then click "next".
4. In the "Locate Drivers Files" page, check the location from which you want to
install the driver, floppy, CD-ROM, or Specify a location. If you choose
"specify a location", then you should type in the path in the next page
and click "OK".
5. In the "Drivers Files Search Results" page, Windows2000 should locate
the driver you specified, and will display the path in the window. Just click
6. In the next page which asks whether you want to install the driver,
just click "yes".
7. The driver will be installed. A final window will be displayed:"Completing
the Found New Hardware Wizard." At this window, just select "Finish".
8. The driver should now be installed. You can right click your mouse, selecting
"Properties". In the "Display Properties" window, select "settings" and
choose the display settings you prefer.
Note: If you have a previous version of the driver and want to test a fresh
installation, please uninstall first, and delete all related '.inf' files
under \winnt\system32 directory (i.e. s3savnb.inf, oem.inf).
Then follow the fresh installation procedure.