README.TXT Driver File Contents (Dfe538tx.zip)
Driver Package File Name: Dfe538tx.zip
This document describes the parameter of Diagnostics program for
D-link DFE-530TX+ Fast Ethernet adapter.
Location of Program: \DIAG\DIAG.EXE
The available parameters are:
/? : Show this message.
/T : Test the LAN adapter and output to a log file.
* Please follow below to run the Diagnostic program.
1. Make sure that the adapter is completely plugged in its slot.
2. Remove any add-on adapters from slot, except for VGA adapter.
3. Disable PnP OS support in BIOS.
4. Boot from DOS-only environment.
5. When the Diagnostic program is started, there are no any TSR
6. If the adapter tests fail, try to use another slot.
* EEPROM Test:
This test reads and verifies the content of the Serial ROM. The test
fails if the Adapter configuration data kept in the Serial ROM returns
with a bad checksum, meaning the Adapter may not be programmed properly,
or the Serial ROM may be damaged.
* Diagnostics On Board Test:
In this test, traffic is generated at the rate of 100Mbps or 10Mbps,
packets are being interrupted and reflected at the MAC level without
reaching the network cable. A fail test result represents a faulty